• Provide students with a platform to express themselves creatively through Animation.
• Expose students with Animation competition.
• Provide teachers with a platform to engage in Animation production for educational purposes.
• Promote the values of teamwork and collaboration among students and teachers.
• Enhance the development of media literacy among students and teachers.
Quotes from Teachers:
“Its brings out awareness on Conservation of electricity and Graciousness on public transport.”
“A lot of people feel that there is less artistry involved in cartoon making unless they have painstaking control of each frame. But being able to create characters and bringing them to life gives me joy.”
Graciousness On Public Transport
"Look", there's a seat...dash... Recently in Singapore, we face lotsof problems on our public transports. Therefore the students from Xinmin Primary decided to create an animation to show awareness on public transport. In this Animation, the students design a character named Cherry. Cherry is a little girl from Xinmin Primary and everyday she will have travel toschool by MRT (Mass Rapid Transport) but every morning the MRT was very crowded.
The story start: One fine morning, Cherry was waiting to board the MRT. When the door of the MRT opened Cherry saw an empty seat and she felt very happy and dash towards the seat. Cherry managed to get the empty seat but she then realized that there are a lot of uncomfortable sights from people around. Cherry felt very uncomfortable and slowly moved away. She then realized that she was seating on the reserved seat that was meant for the pregnant, the elderly and the disabled.
Moral of the story: Please be gracious when you board any public transport, give up your seat for those who are more needed.